In the pursuit of educational excellence, the school seeks to establish an environment on campus conducive to an enjoyable and effective teaching and learning atmosphere. By embracing a rich life together, teachers and students work in partnership to mutually encourage each other and instill the spirit of life-long learning.
OPG World School aims to provide an education to young minds that will allow them to: learn how to learn, understand how to adapt to the changing world around them, become global citizens with a local vision, develop a sense of international mindedness.
The school is committed to providing high quality education to develop students’ higher order thinking skills, and to foster students’ multi-intelligence, and growth mindset. As a caring community, the school values and promotes the growth of the whole person so as to enable the student to become a responsible citizen and make a positive contribution to the local and global community. The school motto of Respect, Diligence and Honesty embodies the school ethos.
We aim to provide an intellectually challenging learning experience from which all pupils can benefit. This school is devoted to raising children’s expectations and aspirations. Our principal objective is for each pupil to develop a deep interest in, and love for, learning. Pupils will be taught to apply this learning to the everyday world around them. Our ultimate goal is for pupils to become self-motivated, independent learners with a wide range of generic study skills that will prove useful to them throughout their lives. Whilst engaged in this process we also want them to have fun: to enjoy their childhood.
The core values that underpin our school curriculum, “maximising learning, love and laughter” through development of seven personal qualities:
- Integrity – being honest, to oneself and others
- Self sufficiency – showing independence in thought and action
- Creativity– possessing personal vision; being original and resourceful
- Personal responsibility – taking initiative oneself without having to be told
- Empathy – understanding others and being able to appreciate how they see things
- Self belief– the personal conviction that one can achieve; success is always possible, and usually likely
- Resilience– never giving up; continually believing that one can do it: success is always possible.